Saturday, January 31, 2009

THIS IS FOR YOU JADEN ( CHICKEN KIEV )

ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 garlic clove, minced
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 8 oz each )
3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley ( dried works good too )
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup buttermilk

1) In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3-in. by 2-in. rectangle. ( I shaped aluminum foil into a rectangle and froze the butter, chives and garlic mixture in it. ) Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.

2) flatten chicken into 1/4 inches in thickness. Cut butter mixture lengthwise into 6 pieces; place one piece in the center of each chicken breast halve. Fold short sides over butter; fold long sides over and secure with toothpicks.

3) In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow dish. Dip chicken into buttermilk the evenly coat with cornflake mixture.

4) Place chicken seam side down into a greased 13-in. by 9-in. by 2-in. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. remove toothpicks before serving.

Yield: 6 servings

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, Madison! I'm gonna have to try that one! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison, can you come over and make it too:-) Maybe I can try it on my own, I will let you know how I do, or Jaden will:-)
    Jaden's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make this one this month...I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, I think I will try this one!

    ReplyDelete