Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I LOVE TO COOK


I have recently discovered that I love to cook. For Christmas, I got a couple of cookbooks and now my mom has started this thing where I have to cook dinner for the family once a week. The first meal I made for my family was Ratatouille. My family liked it so much that my grandparents wanted me to make it for them too. The second time that I made Ratatouille, I didn't even follow a recipe!

The second meal that I made for my family was Garlic Lime Chicken. I have not had a chance to make Garlic Lime Chicken for my grandparents yet, but I will soon.

The most recent meal that i made was Chicken Kiev. It was hard to make, but all of my hard work was paid off when I saw that my family loved it! My brother's friend Jaden loved it! I am glad that someone other than my family said that it was good because when you make something for your family, it does not matter if they like it or not, they will always say that they like it. I will be sure to post the recipes soon!


9 comments:

  1. I love that you are enjoying cooking. It's fun, I love it to. I just wish your uncle Mike enjoyed a wider variety of foods so I could cook more often and more elaborate recipes. I can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Madison! I can't wait to see all the yummy things you will make! You should be totally proud of yourself for doing this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't underestimate yourself. It's been my experience that families will tell you if they don't like your food. LOL. I think it's great you've been learning this fun and useful skill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison, I can't wait for recipes and cooking tips! I am not a very good cook and have found that 15 years of making dinner has put me in kind of a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen and I just checked out your blog...so cool!!! We look forward to seeing your future recipes. Have fun, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearing you describe your newly discovered hobbie brought a big smile to my face. What a great thing to love to do. Your future husband is a very lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Madison, this is Rachel Larson's mom. Just wanted to tell you I think it is awesome that you love to cook. I do too, and can't wait for some of your recipes, so I can try them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i like to cook too alot when i come over we should make a cookbook
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete